Grace Church is partnering with FoodShare as a drop-off location for the Good Food Box.
Grace Church Good Food Box Program
Are you interested in saving money on your grocery-bill? Do you find it hard to buy fresh fruits and vegetables on a budget? Is fresh and healthy nutrition important to you? – Then look no further than the Good Food Box Program, a service offered in partnership between Food Share and Grace Church in Scarborough.
Good Food Boxes are volunteer packed with fresh, high-quality, culturally appropriate vegetables and fruits. With the box menu changing weekly, each Good Food Box presents a convenient and affordable way to eat good healthy food. For comparison the value of the $15 box at a regular supermarket often ranges between $25 and $27, depending on the store and the time of year.
Good Food Boxes:
- Feature seasonal Ontario-grown products whenever possible, supporting local farmers and saving fuel. Each week’s box comes with recipes and news in the Good Food Newsletter.
- Include international favourites like bananas, mangoes, okra and more!
- Are more affordable than retail stores because of FoodShare’s bulk buying capacity.
How Good Food Boxes work:
- You order a Good Food Box through your local Good Food Box stop volunteer at Grace Church in Scarborough
- Freshly packed boxes are delivered to Grace Church, on a bi-weekly or monthly basis
- You say hi to your neighbourhood stop volunteer, pickup your box and start cooking!
Boxes Available and Prices
– Small Good Food Box (Mixed Fruits and Vegetables) – $10
– Large Good Food Box (Mixed Fruits and Vegetables) – $15
– Wellness Box (Pre-chopped Fruits and Vegetables) – $10
– Fruit (only) Good Food Basket – $10
For additional information on the program from Food Share click here. Grace Church is offering a small subsidy to defray the cost of each box, making healthy fruits and vegetables even more affordable.