Grace Church, Scarborough invites applications for the position of Director of Music.
The position involves an average of 15 hours of work per week beginning
October 1st, 2017 or sooner for a one-year term.
The Music Director will ensure worship services are enhanced through the use of music (instrumental and choral) so that the congregation is encouraged to participate.
- Direct the music for the 8:45 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday worship services: conduct the choir (10:30 a.m. only) and provide musical accompaniment on the keyboard/piano.
- Conduct choir rehearsals every Thursday evening from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings before the service.
- In consultation with the incumbent, select appropriate hymns and anthems for all services and seasons.
- Upon request, provide music for all weddings and funerals, which carry additional honorarium.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Availability beginning October 1, 2017 for a one-year term.
- Experience with Christian music leadership, ability to integrate a variety of musical styles into worship in support of specific themes.
- Competency on the keyboard/piano, both as a collaborative musician, to support hymn singing and accompany the choir/soloists and as a soloist to offer repertoire for postludes/preludes.
- Experience and enthusiasm for choral leadership.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate with a community of staff and volunteers.
- Preferred: familiarity with Anglican Church of Canada tradition, worship and music.
Instrument(s): Korg V3 Pro Trinity Music Workstation DRS, Model TRI V3Pro; Yamaha Upright Piano, Model U1F PDAW; Kawai KDP90 digital piano for the practice space.
For more details please see the attached Narrative Job Description
Compensation: To be negotiated.
Applications: A cover letter and resume should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org