JOB DESCRIPTION – Pastor of Outreach and Mission – Full-time
Purpose of Position
The position will be primarily engaged with the areas of mission, outreach and discipleship within the community of Grace Church in Scarborough. The position will provide staff support to current congregational initiatives in serving the community in outreach and mission initiatives; this position will also include the development of new initiatives to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to the community. This position will be responsible for fostering opportunities for members of the congregation to grow in their personal discipleship through the discernment and encouragement of spiritual gifts. All activities with this position must be achieved in a manner consistent with the policies and procedures of Grace Church in Scarborough.
- Overseeing and providing staff support to our current outreach and mission initiatives – including: monthly community lunch, ministry with 702 Kennedy Women’s Shelter, Good Food Box Program.
- Overseeing and providing staff support to new community outreach and mission initiatives – including: Coffee Drop-in, Senior’s Drop-in, Community Seminars and other programs related to the gifts of the staff person.
- Providing support to other mission and community engagement programs in discussion with the Incumbent – including: Alpha, Invited Series
- Assisting with the spiritual growth and discipleship of members of Grace Church Scarborough through: spiritual gift discernment, mentoring, on the ground training in ministry, supporting NCD.
- Supporting the Incumbent with Sunday worship and other liturgical acts (e.g. Christmas, Holy Week) as required
- Overseeing and supporting the Outreach/Welcoming Committee, chairing meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Helping to develop and maintain strong lay leadership for current and future ministries
- Assisting leadership of the parish in developing alternative worship/programming that connects to the community
- Preaching regularly at both the 8:45am and 10:30am services, to be scheduled with the Incumbent and honorary assistants
- Taking part in regular staff meetings, advisory board and other meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation: To be negotiated.
This is a Full-Time Position
Applications: A cover letter and resume should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com